Precuts can vary in size depending on the brand. It happens most often when precuts have pinked edges. Some precuts are measured from pinked edge to pinked edge while others do not include the pinked edges. Before you begin sewing, measure your precut blocks and trim if necessary to make sure they are all the same size. No matter what size the precut happens to be, if the pieces are all uniform, you'll have success. It's a good idea to follow the same measurement when you are sewing as well. Using a 1/4" foot on your machine will keep your seam allowance consistent and as Jenny says, "as long as you are consistent, your block will turn out!"
Articles in this section
- My precuts are not all the same size. What can I do?
- I have a problem with the site. Who can I tell?
- I don't have my order yet. What can I do?
- Can I buy multiple Daily Deals?
- Can I save Daily Deals in my cart and ship them together at the end of the week?
- I want to add to my order after I've submitted it. What can I do?
- I want to make a change to my order. What can I do?
- What happens to my order after I submit it?
- How can I reset my password?
- My ruler is blue / gray / brown and doesn't look the same as yours. Is that right?